Saturday, February 03, 2007

Favorite (Hand-Dyed) Fabric (1/24/07 SBQ)

This SBQ was suggested by Danielle:

What company produces your favorite hand-dyed fabric? Are there any
companies whose hand-dyed fabric you do not like? If so, why?

My favorite hand-dyed fabric is no longer available. I loved, LOVED, LOVED fabric from The Blended Needle owned by Michele and Bob Sayetta (now owners of Heaven and Earth Designs, but no longer dyeing fabric). After the Sayettas sold the business to Heaven Lee Creations, I had so many problems with the new company and new owners that I'll never buy from them again. I'm sure glad to have a nice stash of ORIGINAL The Blended Needle fabric, though!

Currently, I guess I'd have to say that my favorite hand-dyed fabric is from Silkweaver. They were, if not the first, then at least one of the first to hand-dye fabric, and in my opinion, they set the standards for this industry. They continuously meet and improve upon those standards, too -- I've always been impressed with their customer service, speed, and quality. I look forward to Silkweaver's Solo offerings each week; some of them are a bit obnoxious for my tastes, others are AMAZING (and almost always sold out immediately ... and now I'm enabling regarding Solos ... silly me), and all of them are really interesting to contemplate. Also, The Blended Needle actually spun off from Silkweaver ... So perhaps I'm biased, LOL.

To be fair, though, I haven't tried fabrics from any of the other manufacturers of hand-dyed fabric. More importantly, more than one color of fabric from each company I've seen is on my wish list!


sbq

No comments: