Monday, August 28, 2006

Bookmark-worthy, even

Thank you to everyone who took a look at the box I made for my sister-in-law, and for all the nice comments and compliments, too. I am so pleased you thought my adventure with this little box was not only blog-worthy but also bookmark-worthy, but I'm also just a bit nervous about that. After all, I've been reading and inspired by your blogs for some time now and thinking, "Wow, I wish I could do that!" Now I've gone and set expectations in your minds that I'll have something worth your time to review in the future, while I'm still kind of amazed that I managed to put something this neat together all by myself.

Well, I've got the pictures to prove it wasn't a fluke and am ready to move on to my next project, so today, the box will go into the mail on its way to my SIL in Florida. However, before I packaged it up, I scanned a picture of the bracelet because a few of you said you'd like to see it. Isn't it lovely?

4 comments:

Lelia said...

WOOT! Luv the braclet, too. You have to share what your SIL says when it arrives. Glad you started blogging & appreciate your comment on my blog.

I'm excited to hear about your experience with your feral cat. I have tried to handle Mom Cat delicately. She is just not used to being held. This a.m. I did pick her up and she let me hold her & pet her head/ears. Not for long ... but, it is a start.

I have introduced her to the other 2 cats in our household [which may or may not be a good idea]. She & they had a hiss-out ... then, ignored each other for about 1/2 hour.

Progress? I'm not sure!! LOL.

Enjoy the day.

Terri said...

It is lovely indeed! What a kind gesture on your part. As to blogging about your finish and what we'll think, just look at it as a place for you to go back and look at what you accomplished!

Cindy said...

Wow! That is a very pretty bracelet :)

I like to use my blog to motivate myself...set stitching goals, have them "out there" and then work hard to actually have something to show!

I went through a bit of a stitching slump before I started blogging. It seems that now I do a better job of finishing things up so that I can document the results! And, as Terri mentioned, it is a great place to track everything that you have done! So, no pressure...and enjoy :)

Chelle said...

Awesome bracelet!