Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Partial Finish

Among other things, I've been working on a class project, Judy O'Dell's My Treasures Workstation.

Although the chart calls for more, I'm using only one thread color (Needle Necessities overdyed floss 183-Jewel of the Nile) and letting its variegation make all the color changes.

The chart calls for only cross stitch, but Judy encouraged us students to make stitching changes, so I elected to use closed herringbone and butterfly rhodes stitches in mine. I'm a butterfly fan and thought butterflies would enjoy the pretty flowers in the original design. I'm particularly pleased with myself that I managed to get the butterflies centered on my first try, as centering is not my forte (perhaps my lack of centering ability is reserved for lettering, LOL).

I finished the top panel tonight:



Now onto the rest of the parts of this lovely design ... I need help from the stitching fairy to get this all completed in time for the finishing part of the class the first weekend in November!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Very pretty...I love the colors, and this is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

I love the butterfly stitches and I think they fit right in!

Will keep checking your blog for updates!

Patricia said...

Me too. I really really like this and will keep coming back to see what you have done.